More often than not, for many people, there comes a time when we realize things are simply not quite what they seem. Whether that point occurs when we or someone we love develops an illness, has a life-threatening disease or happens to come across someone who opens our eyes to things we simply didn’t know we didn’t know.
- In 1995 I was diagnosed with Endometriosis.
- In 1997 I had Hashimoto’s (grossly underactive thyroid)
- I was overweight
- My hair was falling out
- My skin was dry
- I had brain fog beyond belief
- I had migraines continually
- I developed rosacea on my face and having been on many antibiotics, my gut health unbeknown to me, was appalling.
- I felt generally unwell.
The crazy thing is that one could tell me how or why I developed Endometriosis and why my thyroid was as it was. Eventually I accepted that for whatever reason I had these ailments and there was little I could do.
In 2001, I developed tumours in my spleen and had to have my spleen removed. That was my “Ah-ha” moment, my personal turning point, My body was trying to tell me things for many years but I didn’t listen and eventually I was forced to.
Having had tumours in my spleen was the best thing that ever happened to me. I started to really question what I had done to my body to cause my body to reach in the manner it had and thankfully by chance I came across Bill Statham, the author of “The Chemical Maze” and I have been on the wellness journey since.
Since 2001 I have slowly but surely adopted healthy practices into my everyday life. Where I am today is a far cry from where I was in 2001.
In 2009 with Miranda’s star on the rise she, along with her business partner George Moskos, launched KORA Organics of which my husband Johnny and I were Directors of. I was the GM for almost four years and Johnny was the Operations Manager. We built the business as a family and are so proud of what we created together. Miranda, John, Matthew, Aunty Janey, Uncle Dave and I all put our hearts and souls into creating something magical and together with an incredible team of people, we built the dream of making products that transformed people’s health and wellbeing.
Having researched chemicals in cosmetics since first having tumours in my spleen, it was important to me to provide people with healthy, certified organic deodorants that actually worked, hand sanitisers (not that I believe in them but people use them so I knew we needed to create one), Self Tanners, Men’s and Baby Care products, etc and as a result The Divine Company was born as Miranda wanted to concentrate only on manufacturing skincare which is stocked in health food stores and chemists and in some Spa’s.
In 2014, The Divine Company began manufacturing the highest quality, purest Australian Certified Organic personal care, men’s care and baby care products on the market and the testimonials have been beautiful and heartwarming.
In 2016 we identified a gap in the market and stated manufacturing Divine Woman a range of high active antioxidant and nutrient rich Spa quality products – products rich in scientifically proven technical ingredients with clinically proven, wrinkle-reducing properties. The Divine Woman products are suitable for mature skin (it may come as a shock that “mature skin” is classed as from 25 years and above). We are now in many of Australia’s leading Spa’s and Beauty Salons and expanding internationally.
Further, Matthew and Jimmy purchased another business called Party Pax where they are giving parents and The Cancer Council’s Biggest Morning Tea, everything they need to create healthy party options
I cannot tell you how beautiful it is as a family to be sharing the wellness message that we are all aligned with and to be that representation as a family.
In relation to my extended family….
I now feel incredibly blessed to collaborate in wellness with and to call my dear friends some of the most inspiring people in wellness. From medical Drs, Professors, to Naturopaths, Nutritionists, Chiropractors, Homeopaths, Herbalists and the like.
I specialize in the area of chemical toxicity in the body and environmental toxicants. I focus predominantly on chemicals and pollutants in cosmetics (skin, hair, beauty, personal, baby, men’s care products and perfumes, fragrances and makeup) and how these toxicants impact our health, the health of our children and our environment. Why do I choose to be a pubic voice on this subject? Because, quite simply someone has to be and here’s why:
As at 2016:
– One in seven women of child-baring age were considered infertile
– Half of all fertility challenges are a result of male sperm count not being plentiful and/or being abnormal
– 70% of women have some hormone-related disorder such as Endometriosis, Fibroids, PCOS, Breast Cancer, Ovarian Cancer.
– Early onset puberty is now happening with young girls, average age 8-10. it used to be 12-14. Early onset menopause
– It is now expected that the first pregnancy a woman has will miscarry.
– Pre-term pregnancy is at an all time high
– Genital malformation (testes not dropping, tip of the penis not on the tip of the penis, penis not growing). According to the World Health Organisation, malformed genitalia has increased by 400%, a greater increase than cancer
– Semen count has cropped by more than 50% over the last forty years
– According to the EWG (Environmental Working Group) Babies are being born with on average of over 287 synthetic manmade chemicals in their little umbilical cords. This happens because of “Maternal Transfer”
We have a responsibility to our children and to transforming the environment that our children are born in and will live in.
According to Professor Marc Cohen, one of the fastest ways a woman will detox is to have a baby, another is through breastfeeding and although breastfeeding is the only thing I recommend for babies, our breast milk is also contaminated to a level of over 200+ synthetic man made chemicals and that is why it is so vitally important to detoxify the body well in advance of planning to have a baby.