We are so excited to add another product to our expanding Divine by Therese Kerr range, that being our Certified Organic Personal Lubricant!
So, why did we create a Personal Lubricant? Using certified organic personal care products, we feel, is essential to limit the amount of toxins you place on and ultimately in your body daily. It is truly one of the best things you can do for your health. It is especially important to choose certified organic products when shopping for products you would apply to an intimate area…
Silicone oils may have toxic side effects, and as with petroleum-based products, they may coat your skin, affecting its normal functions and permeability. Silicone can have many names on product labels, including dimethicone, highly polymerized methyl polysilozane, methyl polysiloxane, mirasil DM 20, and viscasil 5M.
Phenoxyethanol can be harmful if absorbed through your skin, cause reproductive damage, and according to the FDA, depress the central nervous system in newborns. The breakdown of phenoxyethanol in your body releases phenol, which can adversely affect your immune system. The Environmental Working Group (EWG), a nonprofit research organization, lists phenoxyethanol as a moderate hazard, with possible links to toxicity and skin irritation. Although it’s found in very low concentrations in some sexual lubricants, you’d do best to keep away from it.
Glycerin and glucose:
As sugars, glycerin and glucose may feed candida, a yeast that’s normally present in small amounts in the healthy vagina, but which can proliferate and cause vaginal yeast infections in women who are prone to them.
Propylene glycol may cause burning or tissue irritation in some women. Glycols are also known endocrine-disrupting chemicals.
Knowing these chemicals are commonly found in almost every conventional lubricant on the market today we wanted to provide you with a safer, healthier alternative so you and your partner can bring a whole new meaning to ‘safe sex’!
Here are some of the ingredients we included in our Personal Lubricant and why.
Coconut oil is a great alternative to conventional lubricants so it was the first ingredient we included in our product. It is natural, antibacterial, provides the moisture or “slip” required in any lubricant and is known to last longer than water-based lubricants. Coconut oil has also been shown to be anti-fungal, so it can assist with symptoms of yeast infections. As well as being good for you internally, Coconut oil is also great for you externally and also keeps your skin’s connective tissues strong and supple. Interestingly enough, coconut oil can penetrate into the deeper layers of your skin and strengthen the underlying tissues. It is ideal to use for as a luxurious full body massage, both before or after the main event!
Aloe Vera, like Coconut Oil provides the moisture needed for a Lubricant to work effectively. It is also an ingredient used throughout our range as it has so many benefits, such as:
• Aloe Vera is high in Vitamins & Minerals.
• Vitamins A, C, E, folic acid, choline, B1, B2, B3 (niacin), B6, B12.
• 20 minerals like calcium, magnesium, zinc, chromium, selenium, sodium, iron, potassium, copper, and manganese are present in aloe Vera.
• Aloe Vera is High in Amino Acids & Fatty Acids.
• Aloe has 20 amino acids, with all 8 essential amino acids.
• Aloe Vera also includes quite an impressive range of fatty acids. It contains three plant sterols, which are important fatty acids- HCL cholesterol (which lowers fats in the blood), campesterol, and B-sitosterol. All are helpful in reducing symptoms of allergies and acid indigestion. Other fatty acids include linoleic, linolenic, myristic, caprylic, oleic, palmitic, and stearic.
• Aloe Vera is an Adaptogen and helps with Digestion.
• Aloe is a vermifuge, which means it helps to rid the body of intestinal worms and parasites.
• Aloe helps boost the Immune System.
• The polysaccharides in aloe vera juice stimulate macrophages, which are the white blood cells of your immune system that fight against viruses.
• It has a high level of anti-oxidants, which help combat the unstable compounds known as free-radicals, contributing to the aging process. Aloe helps in detoxification and alkalizes the body.
• Aloe Vera is great for the skin, because of aloe’s well-known healing properties for the skin, aloe is one of the primary compounds used in the cosmetic industry.
• Aloe helps reduce inflammation.
• Aloe Vera contains 12 substances, including B-Sisterole, which can help to slow down or inhibit inflammation. This may be able to help with painful joints due to stiffness and help improve joint flexibility.
• It is also a great Disinfectant, Anti-biotic, Anti-microbial, Germicidal, Anti-bacterial, Anti-septic, Anti-fungal & Anti-viral.
Jojoba oil is one of nature’s most useful products.
Jojoba oil technically isn’t oil, but is a pure and luxurious liquid wax ester from cold-pressed seeds of the Simmondsis Chinonesis and S. Californica desert shrubs native to the Sonora Desert in the southwestern USA.
Native Americans applied ground seeds of jojoba to scratches to speed healing and minimize scarring.
Jojoba oil is a long-chain wax ester, not a triglyceride – making it very similar to the sebum your skin produces (via the sebaceous oil gland).
Sebum’s job is to retain moisture and keep skin smooth and elastic, the perfect oil to use in a luxurious, in scented, certified organic lubricant!
To celebrate the launch of our Personal Lubricant we have a special offer just for you! Nurture yourself and your lover with our exclusive ‘Sensual Pack!’ If you purchase our Moisturising Body Wash and Deodorant online via our website you will receive a Personal Lubricant (valued at $17.95) FREE! Get in quick as this offer expires on May 31st. Enjoy!
For more information on our Personal Lubricant please visit our website. If you have our Lubricant we would love to hear your feedback, please email your thoughts to email@example.com.
Much love, grace and gratitude,
Therese Kerr – Co-founder & Director of Divine by Therese Kerr & Divine Baby